At Sport for Development we have aligned our mission with UNICEF´s Sport for Development Goals which focus on the positive benefits of sport in health, academic performance, positive life outcomes, equality and human rights:
- Health – sport and physical activity has a direct impact on not just physical health but also on a persons social and mental health.
- Academic performance – engaging in physical activity has been shown to improve learning performance and team sport can operate as a method of participatory learning.
- Positive life outcomes – sport has been shown to be a positive alternative to negative life outcomes and contribute to decreasing crime and other anti-social behaviour.
- Equality – we believe sport can promote equality and strongly promote equal access for girls to physical education.
- Human rights – we view the right to play as a basic human right and are strongly against child labour and other obstructions to leisure time of children.
And in addition to these benefits, sport´s fun and we love what we do.